7th February 2012 web in Progress…
World Peace 2000
Universal Peace Society (UPS)
1999 - 2012 and beyond…
Australian, Richard A Fletcher was inspired to start sending peace messages under the name World Peace 2000 (now known as Universal Peace Society) on 11 Sep 1999.
On 11 October 1999, Richard joined his World Peace 2000 work with One Day in Peace. Thus Richard became part of a Global Peace Team lead by Mr Robert Alan Silverstein, Steve Diamond and Linda Grover.
On 11 November 19999; Richard accepted the UNESCO Manifesto 2000 Messenger’s invitation to further assist and promote peace in countries around the world.
The unique Global Peace Team inspired by the support of Former Assistant Secretary General United Nations Mr Robert Muller and more than 1000 NGO’s finally gained United Nations Res A-54-29 support on 18 November 1999.
On 1st December 1999, Australia’s Prime Minister, The Hon John Winston Howard MP received official notification on behalf of Mr Robert Muller of the UN Res A-54-29 and Richard A Fletcher’s Regional Coordinator’s position.
On 1 January 2000, The Global Team supported by the United Nations Resolution finally inspired people in 140 countries and 50 National Governments to join the 1st January 2000 celebrations as the first day of the new Millennium of Peace.
Over 70 million people signed the UNESCO MANIFESTO 2000 Proclamation.
Richard’s efforts as part of the Global Peace Team efforts created and /or attracted;
· Participation from over 80,000 Australians to join various Australian peace events.
· Gained Direct Support from Stonnington City Council, Victor Harbor, Melbourne City Council, Byron Bay Council and Western Australia people in addition to responses from State Governments of; South Australia, NSW, Qld
· The Australian Nation and Peoples of the world to Celebrate 1st January 2000 as One Day in Peace marking the beginning of the International Year for the Cultural Peace in the new Millennium of Peace.
· Donation of The World Peace 2000 Monument by Stonnington City for future peace event celebrations.
An Individual can change his life,
family or country … it just takes massive action by at least two people to
~ Richard A Fletcher
Gathering of All Nations 2012
11 to 21 December
Join our volunteer team - become part of history!
The event is already been accepted by leading World Peace Makers, Royalty, Hiroshima Survivors, Global Entertainers and representations from countries from around the globe thus your support is required since …
Universal Peace Society’s aims and people’s support requirements are simple!
Getting individuals to participate in forming UPS teams of 21 Peace Makers known as Universal Peace Society’s Angels.
All these teams therefore agree to work as volunteers within their community to improve their community wellbeing worldwide by the peaceful application of applied “Proven Peace Solutions.”
Proven Peace Solutions mean they have been tested by various people and each time resulted in people’s lives improvements; thus we have tools to apply and achieve the beginning of 2000 years of Peace in towns, suburbs, cities and countries around the world.
The Universal Peace Society’s Angels tasks are also simple:
1. Where a branch does not exist, start one and register it with Universal Peace Society in Australia.
2. Help one another in your team by offering “Peace Soul-utions” to overcome personal and family issues.
3. As a team help in improving the life of other families in your local community in cooperation with established local, State and or National Authorities.
4. Register as member and register all proven Grass Root Peace Solutions you may have with the nearest regional Universal Peace Society branch in your country.
5. Help and participate in organising the yearly Universal Peace Society conference in your country and assist in celebrating individual, Local, Regional and National Peace achievements.
6. Assist your National representative/s to gather your team’s Grass Root Peace Solutions to be part of the annual Gathering of All Nations (Country Name and year) International Peace Conference.
7. Remember to send your annual membership registration and or any other donations to help us with the implementation of Universal Peace Society international humanitarian causes.